Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Goodbye to a singing Legend

God Bless Whitney Houston. That being said she was pretty much out of my life years ago, a statement that I am sure will get me stabbed by a few friends but honestly once she stopped making music, since I didn't know her personally, she stopped being relevant to me.
Every life has a purpose however and her time on this earth seemed short. I pray for her family left behind, most especially her daughter and her ex-husband, Bobby Brown. As the media drags him through the mud and Whitney's family treats him like a stranger I wonder if anyone remembers that he too is an ex-addict and that he has lost both his parents (Mom a year ago and his Father 12/2011) in the past year and now Whitney, the woman he spent over a third of his life loving.
I wasn't inside of the Houston/Brown household but Whitney made no secret of her love for Bobby & I think she would be deeply saddened by the treatment of him as he grieves over her death.
Something In Common - Whitney & Bobby

3 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I completely agree. She was not a personal friend, so I don't understand why I should be upset because a stranger passed away. And, since she wasn't making [new] music then there's nothing to miss.

    God bless her family is this tough time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't help but feel bad that she lost her struggle with addiction. It reminds me of loved ones who are still fighting. Brown gets a bad rap and I'm sure he treated her horribly at some point but it seemed as if they had made amends and were moving forth with their lives. It was wrong how he and his children were treated at the funeral.

    I watched Bill Mahr the other night and Dr. Drew said that now that people are abusing prescription drugs, that we'd be seeing more deaths. Live on crack, die on Xanax and liqour.

    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Morning Thunder, as a culture we start to mistake celebrities as personal friends. I wonder if some of the energy folks put into mourning Whitney wouldn't have been better placed in their own community or family.

    ReplyDelete